What is Destination Whitewood?
The Destination Whitewood Committee was formed in May of 2011. It is a community organization whose primary focus is to attract people and business to our community.
Our Mission Statement
That we work cooperatively to provide the inspiration and ideas for the development of our community socially, culturally and economically.
- Strengthen community pride, to foster the growth and development of our community.
- Assist, through partnerships, in the attraction and expansion of retail, commercial and industrial enterprise while supporting existing business.
- Encourage the development of a diverse and expanding tax base to support community needs through marketing, research and business assistance.
- Promote heritage, wildlife and recreational tourism in the area.
- Identifying and balancing the community’s financial, social and natural assets.
What we are working on
- Brochures promoting Whitewood as a place to live, to be placed in industries in the area.
- Welcome Wagon
- Promoting our community by advertising in various tourist guides and publications.
- Whitewood’s Birthday Bash 2017, a celebration of Whitewood’s 125th and Canada’s 150th birthday.
Your Destination Whitewood Committee
President – Donna Beutler
Vice President – Liz Giroux
Secretary – Pam Wolf
Treasurer – Marlene Carefoot
Please feel free to contact any of the committee members with your ideas or comments or email us at email@example.com
Visit our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/DestinationWhitewood